Pages

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

My Best Friend's Wedding

We've been planning this day forever it seems like!! I love my best friend and her new husband so much and was thrilled when they asked me to be her Matron of Honor AND to make their wedding cake. Amy chose silvers and pinks for her wedding and LOTS of sparkle. She also asked me to make a special surprise for her husband for the reception: a Hockey puck grooms cake with his favorite team from Florida. I had a lit of fun making this cake. I wanted it to be perfect. For the first time, I used a technique using chocolate ganache under the fondant instead of butter cream. Though it was a messy job, I really was happy with the final look as well as the way it tasted. I will never forget that day!! I have included a few fun pictures to show some of the many steps in getting the cake planned, prepped, baked and assembled. FUN!!
Me having fun planning the height of the cake a few days before baking. It was going to be a big one!!
Most of the cakes are shown here. Cooling and getting ready to be creamed lol.
Setting up at Pardinis. This is the heart attack time. I hardly breathe anytime I am delivering a cake. Lots of things can go wrong, but they rarely do ;) This one cake weighed a good 60 pounds!
The finished project!!

No comments:

Post a Comment